Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laurence Amelie

I had been searching for the perfect painting for my daughter's room for about 6 months, it had to be pink and it had to be a ballerina. Armed with this criteria I scoured etsy, poured over art galleries online and picked through hundreds of Ebay searches. Nothing fit. Then, armed with a cup of coffee and strolling through Soho one Saturday morning I stumbled into one of my favorite shops, Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture. There in the window was the most beautiful, ethereal, tutu painting EVER. I couldn't believe it. It was everything I was looking for. Girly and light without being sugary and cartoon-ish. It was the grown-ups version of a ballerina painting, but somehow managed to capture my 4 year olds heart as well. I took it home and also snagged a wispy aqua and pale pink cherry blossom oil painting for above my nightstand as well. Since then I have googled her and found so many amazing florals and tutus. I love it all. She is featured quite regularly now in RASCC and has an online gallery as well. I think her work is so modern, but so feminine. Here are two images of her paintings in my apartment in New York.
This is one of her classic tutu paintings. I love the moodiness this has, it's one of my favorites of the tutus I have seen.
This piece sits above my nightstand, I love the colors and the wispy branches.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely room and I have enjoyed seeing your gorgeous homes via CDT, glad I found your blog!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Who is the artist?

Angie Gren said...

The artist is Laurence Amelie.

Unknown said...

Loved looking at your apartment on CDT blog. I love how the Darcy chairs (my personal FAVORITES) are placed around the apartment. Daughter's pink room is darling, pretty and feminine yet a little sophisticated. A look I did with my own daughter's bedroom. How great to have 2 beautiful homes to live in:)

Oh, and I just realized the title of your last post was the artist's name....I need to read things thoroughly before posting things like, "who is the artist?" Duh!

laurence Amelie said...

dear Angie

I am laurence Amelie , an american friend of mine sent me your lovely and aesthetic post . Thank you soooo much to be such nice to write theses nices words about my work .

you chose very very well both pieces , because your home make them even prettier than in my best wishes

if you want to contact me , please do it throught my web site , I will reply by sure and give you my personal email

next time I will go to NY may be could we met ??? otherwise I will be at LA the 2 nd week of april to paint in rachel's barn , if you are arround please jump to visit rachel and I

and I might also spend 2-3 weeks there in june ( we dont have paintings anymore in stores , so I will paint , and spend time with rachel , that's very good perspective )

oh !!! by the way if you or anyone is jumping to paris , I will have a huge exhibition during 4 months in " chateau de bagatelle " a darling XVIII th century chateau at paris with huge garden with 10 000 different kind of roses tree , built by the brother in law of marie antoinette

the exhibition will be during ... 4 months! from may the 15 th untill september the 20 th !!!!!

that's my big deal of the spring , I have to paint 2-3 meters hight paintings

cannot wait to be in spring , then to come back to USA a country I love
warmest regards and many thanks again
laurence amelie schneider

Christine said...

I am in love with this art. Is it for sale in the US and if so, where? It is these kinds of pieces we love to buy. Please, if you know how to purchase them, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really
long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Bleak! Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!
My wife and I frequently write guest posts for other blog site owners to help increase publicity to our work, as well as provide terrific content to site owners. It truly is a win win situation! If you're interested feel free to e-mail me so we can talk further.
Thanks!!

Stay tuned and look into my webpage at putting game for a lot more content.

Anonymous said...

This design is stellar! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your clips, I was almost moved to get started on my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic work.

Thanks and please visit my site on electronic logbook